I have been honored by the NRA Board of Directors Nominating Committee to stand for re-election to the NRA Board of Directors.
It has been my privilege over the last few years to serve on several committees. Two of these committees are the Presidents Committee on Advancement, which provides guidance to staff on the securing of the long term fiscal viability of our association. The Industry Relations Committee was initiated to improve, enhance and promote relationships with all the companies that are involved in our endeavor. I am proud to report to you that both of these committees have been so well received that their performance has well exceeded expectations.
There is much to be accomplished and time is short. I feel the urgency to get moving particularly in the area of long term financial viability of our association.
- Serving as club member, club officer and president and state association officer.
- As an active participant in competitive shooting sports and have been fortunate to win state competitions and represent my state in national competitions.
- Lobbying the state legislature on several issues including bills I have initiated. I have testified before congress regarding the arming of pilots.
- I have donated untold hours and days of personal time and of turbine aircraft time in support of pro Second Amendment Candidates.
- 18 years ago I was fortunate to be in a position to acquire Gunsite Ranch. Col. Jeff Cooper founded Gunsite in 1976.
- In Support of the Global War on Terror Gunsite has trained thousands of Marines and Special Operations personnel in aspects including foreign weapons systems.
- Every Gunsite client over the last 10 years has departed the ranch with a shiny new NRA annual membership in his pocket as part of his training program.
This campaign for the Board of Directors of your NRA is really not about me. It is about you, our children and our grand children. It is about Civil Rights, Freedom and America. Since 1871 our organization has fought for your civil rights and the future of America. I ask your help in selecting me to carry this fight forward.
I thank you for taking the time to listen and I remind you that your ballot will be enclosed in the February issue of the American Rifleman Magazine and other NRA Publications that will be delivered to you in mid-February. Find that ballot and mark it for Owen Mills and return it to Headquarters.
Again, thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you in Dallas, May 3 2018, for the annual meeting.