Detailed Travel Information Here
FIRST DAY OF CLASS/SCHEDULE
Please arrive by 7:30AM on the first day of class (in front of the classrooms) for final registration.
Classes begin at 8:00AM and will generally run to about 4:30-5PM. There is a lunch break each day and classes with night shoots will break for dinner prior to the night shoot. Your Range Master will explain your schedule for the week more in depth and let you know where you need to be each morning and afternoon.
FINKS CUSTOM GUNSMITHING
A gunsmith is located on property with complete gunsmithing services to repair a firearm if needed. Their services also include carbon and stainless steel bluing, custom rifle and pistol builds, Ceratoke coating, machining and prototyping for firearms and other products. https://www.finksguns.com/
WATER & LUNCHES
Gatorade & water is provided on the ranges… Gunsite will provide you with a drinking bottle.
Due to our remote location, driving to town for lunch is impractical. You may bring your own lunch (refrigerators & microwaves are in the lunch area for your use), or our caterer offers lunch for $13.00/day.
- Order Form provided on first day of class.
- Payable directly to the Caterer at lunch on the first day of class (Cash, Check or Credit Card)
SHIPPING AMMUNITION/FIREARMS TO GUNSITE
***NOTE*** UPS has changed their internal policy on shipping firearms. Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from a licensed FFL holder who have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products. If you would like to ship your firearm to Gunsite and have Gunsite ship the firearm back, please provide the Pro Shop with the FFL license of where the firearm is to be shipped.
All shipments are received/stored at the Pro Shop and can be picked up there on the first morning of class.
We recommend you ship Firearms/Ammo UPS or FedEx. Handguns are required to be shipped Next Day Air. Long guns may be shipped Ground.
For more information on shipping your firearm with USPS, visit 432 Mailability | Postal Explorer (usps.com)
Note – We are rural so it can take an extra day or so for your shipments to arrive and we cannot receive packages on Saturday or Sunday.
Please mark any Firearms or Ammunition shipped as follows:
Gunsite Academy, Inc.
C/O: Your Name, Class & Date
2900 W. Gunsite Rd.
Paulden, AZ 86334-4301
Grading Guidelines for Gunsite Classes
Most Gunsite classes are graded to let clients know how well they learned and then performed what is taught at Gunsite. These grades are reflected in your certificates at graduation on Friday. Although there will be several formal square range exercises tested, the overall grading is necessarily subjective due to the performance-oriented tasks encountered in the courses. Your demonstrated performance of the Combat Triad – Mindset, Marksmanship, and Gun Handling – throughout the week weighs heavily in the grading process. This evaluation specifically includes both indoor and outdoor simulators. The instructors’ perspectives, based on their experience, also factor in the grading. We do not grade several of our advanced or off-site classes because of their specialized content. A grade of Marksman or above is required to advance to the next level of training.
In ascending order, the grades are:
- Course Completion: You have attended the training provided and demonstrate a basic level of comprehension of the material. You will need to continue focusing on the content to master it.
- Marksman: You have completed the entire curriculum, demonstrated a good knowledge of the core material, and performed satisfactorily on the square range and in the tactical simulators.
- Marksman 1: Your demonstrated knowledge of the material and performance on the square range and in the simulators is outstanding. You have absorbed and applied all the new information at a very high skill level.
- Expert: You have demonstrated a high level of commitment and performance all week with an emphasis on pushing yourself to increasingly high levels of excellence. You surpass the standards in every exercise and strive for peak performances each time you have to demonstrate these events under stress. You are appropriately humble about your new skills and performance.
No one is required to accept a graded certificate. If you prefer not to have a grade on your certificate, let your Range Master know at any time during the week before Friday.