Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor Course
Registration: Register on-line at www.sigsaueracademy.com, or contact the SIG SAUER Academy Training Coordinator via phone at 603-610-3411.
The Pistol Mounted Optic is not a new concept, though in the last decade technology has enhanced the reliability and durability of the Handgun mounted optic for duty and self-defense use. Teaching new students on the Pistol Mounted Optic presents unique problems for students learning to acquire the red dot with the dominant and non-dominant hand and while firing multiple shots. Objective based training techniques will be utilized to get maximum performance from the students while using a PMO.
- Review the types of red dots and mounting options
- Training considerations
- Policy considerations
- How to properly sight in (zero)
- Equipment inspection and maintenance
- Advantages and limitations of a pistol mounted sight
- Application of marksmanship fundamentals review
- Down Optic Drills
- Alternative Positions
- Using a Pistol mounted sight around barriers
- Single Hand Shooting
- Multiple shot considerations
- Shooting on the move
- Multiple target engagement techniques
- Establishing performance based training the PMO
Handgun with mounted optic (Sig 320 RX/ 9mm available for student use)
- 3 magazines minimum
- Holster: Duty or OWB
- Mag pouch
- Minimum 1000 rounds per student
- Ear and eye protection
- Sight adjustment tools
- Spare batteries for optic
- Knee pads/optional
I was able to take classes in 1991 (Pistol) and 1995 (Tac Carbine). Today, 27 years later I can report having passed on many of the lessons learned to dozens of those who made use of them on three continents. I can report several encounters where the...
This class is not scheduled through Gunsite Academy.
See the description above for reservation details..