Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor Course
Registration: Register on-line at www.sigsaueracademy.com, or contact the SIG SAUER Academy Training Coordinator via phone at 603-610-3411.
The Pistol Mounted Optic is not a new concept, though in the last decade technology has enhanced the reliability and durability of the Handgun mounted optic for duty and self-defense use. Teaching new students on the Pistol Mounted Optic presents unique problems for students learning to acquire the red dot with the dominant and non-dominant hand and while firing multiple shots. Objective based training techniques will be utilized to get maximum performance from the students while using a PMO.
- Review the types of red dots and mounting options
- Training considerations
- Policy considerations
- How to properly sight in (zero)
- Equipment inspection and maintenance
- Advantages and limitations of a pistol mounted sight
- Application of marksmanship fundamentals review
- Down Optic Drills
- Alternative Positions
- Using a Pistol mounted sight around barriers
- Single Hand Shooting
- Multiple shot considerations
- Shooting on the move
- Multiple target engagement techniques
- Establishing performance based training the PMO
Handgun with mounted optic (Sig 320 RX/ 9mm available for student use)
- 3 magazines minimum
- Holster: Duty or OWB
- Mag pouch
- Minimum 1000 rounds per student
- Ear and eye protection
- Sight adjustment tools
- Spare batteries for optic
- Knee pads/optional
Our trip from Des Moines Iowa to Tucson Arizona is 1600 miles. We drove it in two days. We arrived at a Circle K station on north Swan about 19:30. It had been a long drive and we were tired, home was only five minutes away and we had been to this...
This class is not scheduled through Gunsite Academy.
See the description above for reservation details..