- Handgun: Full-size, Reliable, Heavy-duty handgun with good visible sights. 9mm/.40/.45 calibers recommended. Subcompact/micro pistols are strongly discouraged.
- Holster: Kydex or Leather, rigid outside the waistband holster (with covered trigger guard). NO SERPA type holsters, NO IWB (inside the waistband) holsters.
- Magazines: 6 single stack/low-capacity magazines (10rds or less) or 4 double stack/high-capacity magazines (more than 10rds). Revolvers: 6 Speed Loaders and 2 Speed Strips with belt carrier.
- Magazine Carriers: 1 double or 2 singles. Kydex or Leather that affix to your belt.
- Flashlight: Handheld tactical light with rear pressure switch and wrist lanyard.
- Knee Pads: Only needed if you are planning on doing kneeling/prone positions. Simple/inexpensive is fine as they are used for a short period of time.